Saturday, July 18, 2009

Some Regrets

Two more days until 40!  I have been mulling over my life today and I have many happy memories but some regrets.  I think the number one regret is that I have put my work, "church duties" and household responsibilities ahead of relationships, including my family.  It just hit me today that I haven't spoken to my 92 year old Grandma in Indiana for 2 1/2 years!  I hadn't spoken to my grandparents in Fort Worth since we visited with them after Christmas.  These are people in my life that have poured into me as a child and helped me become what I am today.  I picked up the phone and called each one today.  I specifically told them special memories I had of us together.  Then, I told them how much I loved them and how sorry I was for letting time get away from me and not keeping in good touch.  Those two calls today yielded laughs, tears, and affirmation of our love for each other that we will never forget.  I am thankful for the opportunity to have some of my grandparents still around to be able to say "I love you." I am thankful I took that opportunity today.

I will be careful the next 40 years of my life to not neglect the very ones that God has put under my own roof or in my family tree.  If a man gains the whole world and loses his family, what has he gained?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kee Thoughts

Followers